Surgical Cotton manufacturing
Visit this plant and see actual production
Contact 9730175469 / 9730173696.
Here you will get basic information about Surgical Cotton manufacturing, for more details, click here
Basic requirements for Surgical Cotton manufacturing:
• Land: 10000 sq. ft.
• Electricity: 50hp
• Manpower: 8 to 9
Raw material requirements:
• Raw Ginned Cotton
• Caustic Soda
• Soda Ash
• Bleaching Agent
• Misc. Chemicals
• Packing paper, labels, Gum, Polyethylene sheets, sacks, etc.
• High pressure Keir(MS) inside coated with acid resistant epoxy coating, fitted with pump, steam pipe, capacity 2000 kgs. Charge of cotton with all accessories
• Carding machine (Revolving flat high production) 1016 mm width with dust extruder, electronic stop motion, brush rolls, stripping brush rolls and other accessories.
• Two compartment continuous cotton dryer with steam heating arrangements at 100 psi provided with trolley, electrical heaters and electric control panel
• Porcupine cleaners 1200 mm working with 406 mm diporcupine type cylinder with strikers having two striking edges, centrally adjustable grid bars and reduction gear, electric motor(5 HP) for materials transport with accessories.
• Centrifugal Hydro-extractor with S.S. Basket dia 1000 mm fitted with motor and other accessories
• Wet cotton opener working width 1000 mm fitted with motors and accessories
• Vertical opener with 7 steel discs and three separate centrally adjustable settings for beater and grid bars fitted with motor 5 HP complete with accessories
• Single soutcher and lap machine 1065 mm working width with Kirschener beater, centrally adjustable grid bars, high pressure device for loading calendar rollers and lap racks, etc. For making lap holder for continuous operations with 10 HP motor starter etc.
• Rolling and winding machine 1320 mm on face, complete with motor starter and other accessories
• Small band saw type machine with motor for rolls cutting
• Air compressor for lapping machine
• Coal/wood fired boiler 1000 kg/ hrs. Evaporation capacity, 50 psi complete with feed pump and accessories
• Water overhead tank of 10,000 liters capacity and tube well fitted with accessories
• Water treatment plant for treating process water required for boiler and keir
• Water and pipe connection with insulation, various M.S. tanks and concrete tanks for washing purpose etc.
• Weighing scale, sealing machine and balancing equipments
• Testing equipments such as ph meter, Soxhlet–extractor, chemical balance, crucibles, furnace, oven, etc.
• Electrification and installation charges
• Pollution Control and Energy Conservation equipments.
The process of manufacturing consists of various steps, as follows:
a) Opening and cleaning of Raw Cotton:
Raw cotton received in bale or otherwise is opened in opener where it is loosened and simultaneously dust / foreign particles are also removed. Loosened cotton is then put into a keir where chemicals such as caustic soda, soda ash, detergent, etc. are added along with adequate water and steam boiled for about 3- 4 hours. By this process most of the natural waxes and oils are removed while remaining foreign matter get soften an disintegrated. The treated cotton is transferred to washing tanks where it is washed thoroughly.
Washed cotton is bleached to remove brownish colour developed due to chemical treatment. Bleaching is done by using bleaching agent such as sodiumhypochlorite or hydrogen peroxide. The bleaching process improves whiteness, wetting properties and assists in disintegration of any remaining foreign materials.
c) Removal of Chemicals:
The bleached cotton is thoroughly washed again to remove the chemicals. A little quantity of dilute hydrochloric acid or sulphuric acid is also added to neutralize excess alkali. If required, again washed with water. The water of cotton is removed with the help of hydro-extractor. It is then sent to a wet-cotton opening machine.
The cotton so obtained is dried by passing through dryer or alternatively subjected to sun drying where provision for dryer is not there.
The dried cotton is sent to blower room where it is thoroughly opened and made into laps.
The laps are then fed into carding machine wherein cotton is warped around rollers in thin layers.
Cotton so obtained is compressed and rolled into suitable role size along with packaging paper.
h) Weighing and cutting:
The rolls are then weighed and cut according to required weight and sizes and labeled properly before packing in polythene sheets and heat sealed.
i) Quality Control & Specification:
This item is covered under Drug Control Act. Hence, it should be manufactured to meet its requirements.